The Xbox One X is essentially the most highly effective console ever created. Able to taking part in many video games in native 4K decision at 60 frames per second and taking over even much less area than earlier Xbox One fashions, it’s a technical marvel. Nevertheless, the console has nonetheless encountered a number of points — each trivial and extreme — because it launched in 2017.
Fortunately, the vast majority of these issues will be mounted by following just a few troubleshooting steps, and you’ll be able to blast the Swarm in Gears of Battle Four or set a report in Forza Motorsport 7 very quickly. For a full rundown of frequent issues on the usual Xbox One, try our previous guide, however for issues particular to the Xbox One X, you will have come to the fitting place. Listed here are a number of the commonest Xbox One X issues and how one can repair them.
Getting in contact with Microsoft
|Cellphone||1-800-Four-MYXBOX (Assist Agent Hours: M-F 9AM-5PM PT)|
Video games aren’t displaying in 4K or HDR
If video games aren’t displaying in 4K along with your Xbox One X, the issue is probably going with a setting in your tv. Often, it may very well be one thing so simple as the sport not supporting 4K, or a setting throughout the sport limiting the decision in favor of one other characteristic.
We created a full guide for getting the most out of 4K and HDR along with your Xbox One X, however listed here are the fundamentals.
- Be sure you are utilizing a “high-speed” HDMI cable. In the event you’re utilizing the usual cable that got here along with your Xbox One, you already are utilizing one. Replacements are available for subsequent to nothing in case one thing occurs with the unique.
- Make certain the HDMI port in your tv is HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2-enabled. These are the one ports in your tv that can be usable for 4K and HDR content material. In case you are utilizing an HDMI switcher or AV receiver, ensure that it is also HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2-enabled. This may allow you to plug a number of consoles into your tv’s one or two suitable ports.
The Xbox One X abruptly shuts off
Les Shu/Digital Tendencies
It’s the worst doable factor that might occur to your Xbox One X. You’re in the midst of a PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds match and are just some seconds away from a “rooster dinner” when your console utterly shuts down. The display is black, and you could not have the ability to flip the console again on.
In some instances, your console itself may very well be defective. If so, your solely possibility is to ship the console again to Microsoft for a alternative or a restore. With the intention to do that, use the Xbox product registration tool and enter your system’s serial quantity. It’s situated all the way in which to the fitting on the again of the Xbox One X and is labeled “SN.”
- Earlier than you pack your Xbox One X to ship again, nevertheless, it would be best to verify the ability cable. A handful of customers who encountered their system spontaneously turning off have been in a position to repair the difficulty by swapping out the included cable for a third-party cable. As a result of the Xbox One X makes use of an inner energy provide, the basic Nyko AC power cord offered at GameStop is reportedly suitable — it additionally works with the PlayStation Four. Sadly, in contrast to the unique Xbox One, in case your energy provide is defective, you gained’t have the ability to swap it out.
- In the event you beforehand owned the Xbox One S, customers have additionally reported success with that console’s energy cable. It’s equivalent to the one included with the Xbox One X.
You’re not mechanically signed into Xbox Reside
In the event you use the energy-saving mode as an alternative of “immediate on” in your Xbox One X, you’ll often energy up your console and discover that it isn’t related to Xbox Reside. That is typically on account of a hiccup on Microsoft’s finish, and you’ll merely manually enter your login data to reconnect, nevertheless it’s typically brought on by a seemingly quick reminiscence within the console itself — it has forgotten your Wi-Fi community.
Hit the house button in your Xbox One controller to carry up the information, then choose the gear image to be taken to the settings display. From right here, choose “Community,” then “Community settings,” and at last “Arrange wi-fi community.” Select the community you want to use and enter the password, and also you’ll be again on-line.
We’ve observed this downside tends to happen if you haven’t performed your Xbox One X for just a few weeks. In our expertise, it isn’t brought on by the Wi-Fi community, as our PlayStation Four and Swap each reconnected with out concern after prolonged downtime.
Ought to your console disconnect from Xbox Reside intermittently, the issue may very well be associated to your modem or router. Strive altering from the two.4GHz channel to the 5GHz channel, or vice-versa, and you might expertise fewer points.
You’re compelled to obtain 4K updates for video games
The Xbox One X handles file administration for its 4K “enhanced” video games for you, which makes issues simpler, however might also drive you to spend so much extra time and bandwidth downloading them. On the One X, Xbox One “Enhanced” video games mechanically obtain the improved model of the sport, which can be double the dimensions of the usual model. There isn’t a option to obtain the usual sport, even when you aren’t utilizing a 4K TV — the video games is not going to play on the console with out the replace. In the event you personal an older Xbox One and plan to switch your video games over to the Xbox One X, that is one other step between you and your video games.
- Not all video games assist 4K or different Xbox One X enhancements but and if in case you have any non-supported video games put in in your present Xbox One, it is possible for you to to play them immediately after you switch your content material and your different video games replace. This isn’t a great answer, nevertheless, as most of the largest and latest Xbox One video games have already acquired enhancements.
- You may mitigate the wait by planning forward and downloading the 4K updates to your authentic system. Open up your system settings and choose “system” and “backup and switch,” and you will note the choice to download 4K game content. Examine this field and supported video games will mechanically start the replace course of, that means they’ll be able to go as quickly as you progress them to the Xbox One X.
You may’t use Kinect
Just like the Xbox One S earlier than it, the Xbox One X doesn’t have a Kinect port constructed into it. Which means with out the usage of an adapter, you’ll be unable to make use of the sensor for supported video games or the Xbox One’s consumer interface. Sadly, each the Kinect sensor and the adapter have been discontinued, so that you gained’t have the ability to buy them from Microsoft instantly.
- Almost each voice command initially designed for Kinect is now compatible with a microphone-equipped headset. You may’t flip your console on utilizing your voice with out Kinect, however you need to use the characteristic to maneuver all through the menus and make choices. Nevertheless, you should be utilizing the “Cortana” assistant for this to work. The unique Xbox voice instructions aren’t suitable with headsets.
- Each the Kinect and Kinect adapter are nonetheless technically obtainable by way of third-party sellers, although costs are already fairly excessive. (Chances are you’ll wind up paying as a lot as you probably did for the Xbox One X itself). Except you will have a actually good cause for needing a Kinect and also you don’t wish to use the unique mannequin Xbox One, simply let it go.
The Xbox One X gained’t activate with a controller
Often, your Xbox One X will refuse to activate if you hit the middle button in your controller. Even after unplugging the console from the outlet and swapping out your controller’s batteries, the system merely gained’t energy up. It’s a scary concern to come across, however the answer is far less complicated than you anticipate.
- Press the ability button on the entrance of the Xbox One X and the system will boot up because it usually would, and it is possible for you to to attach your controller as nicely. Subsequent, shut the system again down and try and energy it again on with the controller — on each Xbox One X and Xbox One S, we discovered this solved the issue 100 % of the time. If it occurs once more, simply repeat these steps and you’ll be able to play.